Music Video

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Myspace

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another video to look at...



This is the video for Run Everything by Charlie Sloth. Ive posted it because I like some of the things that have been done to make it look good. Firstly, on a production basis its extremely simple; one take, along one road (bridge) in an easy shot. However its made more interesting with a few techniques.
The first, I think, is the camera settings. I think that the fps was turned down on the camera, and that gave the video its stylised unusual feel. (Which is a kind of jerky blurred look - I think it works)
Next the performers have worn simple, brightly coloured clothing so that in editing the colours can be changed. This is important because I think every music video should work with the beat of the song, otherwise it can be left looking distant from the music.
I think that the result is a video which is easily created on a budget of zero (if you are already a filmmaker - have a camera and editing software + hardware), and on top of this is effective and entertaining. I think that this video is a good inspiration for the planning part of our production as there are elements we can be influenced by.

No comments:

Post a Comment