Music Video

Album Cover

Album Cover

Myspace

Myspace

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Song Ideas


April March - Chick Habit
I came across this song when watching the Quentin Tarantino film Death Proof. I thought it worked really well with the film and is a song that can work with our project. The tempo and melody of the song is something which I think would work with a fast paced and fun music video. The song is about girls getting back at boys, and I think that our video would have to feature a female lead actress.


Babe Ruth - The Mexican
I heard this song in a long mash-up, so I checked what it was called and found the original. Its a song which I really like and I can see it having an epic (for lack of a better word) music video. I see it having a neo-western video, paying homage to Sergio Leone films in a modern fresh way, and having a strongly narrative based film. The song is an interesting style, and is a long way from modern pop, so I think that the synergy of old and new could be interesting. This is a video which I can see with lots of actors/actresses.


Shivaree - Goodnight moon

This is a mellow song, which I think is not only a good song, but also leaves us with a chance to really make the video we want for it. I think this is a video which can be abstract and still work with the song. I can also see it working well with a narrative video. Whether we choose this, and use narrative or concept, I think that the style of the song lends itself to a video which is arty and conceptually filmed and editied. That is something I want to do, and is something which definately makes this song an option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment